Sunday, September 12, 2010

No surprises during Prologue

Jody:  It was raining and cool all day but I think with the super handling of Acura TL SH-AWD, we actually had an advantage over other competitors.  We had one goal for Prologue: keep the car on the road.  Today was about getting a better sense of ourselves and the car during real timed stages.  We didn't look in our mirrors or worry about other drivers.  Andrew drove in the morning because I'm still recovering from an infection in my leg that occurs with excitement and anxiety.  Antibiotics are helping, and I was able to drive in the afternoon. We both feel we performed well in both roles, and our comfort level with the car is now 100%.  We messed around with the Trailer Park boys at the Flatrock stop between the two Prologue stages.  Personally, I accomplished two goals: I navigated through the first stage without errors and I didn't crash in the second stage.  Job done.

Andrew:  Our military training is also a huge advantage in handling the stages.  Fast reaction times are second nature to us -- we automatically go into slow motion, high definition mode.  We met some great people today in Flatrock and even received donations while we were there.  Prologue started well and ended well.  And the Trailer Park Boys: well this year they're in the Touring Class, but I'm betting next year we'll see them competing with us in Modern.

All the competitors before Prologue.  We're on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment